The Microsoft Technical Lead will evaluate, implement, and administer highly available platform for servers and web services. Provide operational support and experience with managing cloud infrastructures, foundational components and global products.
Functions and responsabilities
- Provide advanced Server systems setup, administration, configurations, and automated implementations.
- Perform server and web service deployments, configurations, updates, and improvements. Support functionality and security audits, and provide technology recommendations.
- Push code updates and releases for web components and products into Staging, Integration, Production and Disaster Recovery environments.
- Anticipate and research new cloud and web technologies appropriate to our cloud infrastructure, platform and products.
- Help define, improve and promote architecture and standards based on ITIL “best practices”
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems as required 24×7 and serve as one of the highest levels of escalation for system administration issues.
- Develop relationships with professional organizations, user groups, and industry trade groups to stay current with latest technology
- Degree in Information Technology, Engineering or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience in virtualized technology infrastructure design, implementation and troubleshooting
- 3+ years experience operating Windows Systems Administration and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructures, such as Amazon AWS and Cloudstack
- In-depth working knowledge and experience with Windows servers
- Experience writing scripts to automate common administrative, deployment and infrastructure tasks
- Working knowledge of Windows Active Directory (2003/2008)
- Willingness to participate in 7/24 on-call rotation to respond to and resolve application issues to ensure SaaS applications are online
Professional skills requirements
- Basic knowledge of networking and security concepts
- Good organizational skills and the ability the track and prioritize several tasks
- Excellent customer interaction and written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills, along with the ability to work independently, as well as part of a cross-functional global team
- Working knowledge of SQL Server
- Proficiency in system design, implementation, and troubleshooting in a multi-vendor and multi-protocol environment
- Solid understanding of ITIL process and “best practices”
- Solid experience with virtualization, hypervisors and virtual environments
- Strong understanding of security policy procedures, architecture and design
Nuvollo is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by Canadian law.
To apply, send your resume to [email protected]